I’ve been so busy I forgot it was time for Five Question Friday! The fall colors are just past their peak, so I’ve been out shooting lots of photographs before the color is gone and winter sets in. I hope you have enjoyed the Autumn weather and colors as much as I have. For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, I can’t wait to see some of your spring pictures. 🙂
Here are the questions. Enjoy!
1. Who wakes up in the morning with the kids, you or hubby?
Many years ago when my children were still living at home, I was the one to rouse the household for the day ahead. I used to resent it at times. I wanted to stay in bed along with everyone else. Besides, I didn’t like being grumbled at when tussling one’s hair or nudging a shoulder and “cheerfully” encouraging each one to get out of bed, greet a new day, and get ready for school or work! But now I would give anything to wake them up again each morning and see those sleepy-eyed babes. Some blessings are not realised until they are gone. Sigh. Now they are the ones waking their families each morning and life continues on.
2. Do you watch the World Series even if your team isn’t in it?
No. We don’t usually watch sports on TV. Besides, we are hikers and prefer the sport of camping and exploring nature in nearby parks and arboretums. I do hunt . . . but only for shooting photographs.
3. What is the best compliment you have received?
I’ll have to think about this one. I respond to those compliments that value me as a person, or my abilities and capabilities the most, as opposed to compliments on how I look or what I own. One recognizes the person within, the other only sees appearances and/or possessions. There is nothing wrong with complimenting someone on a pretty dress, or how nice they look. But the best compliments, the ones that mean the most, are those that show appreciation for the person. Hmmm….I’ll try to keep that in mind the next time I pay someone a compliment!
4. Do/did you dress up to take your kids trick or treating?
Ahhh… another “no” answer I’m afraid. Even when my kids were wee tykes and all living under our roof, I did not dress up with them. It was hard enough work making/creating/whatever costumes we could gather for them. I will look for old photos to post here. Some are real gems!
5. Do you have a favorite bible verse? What is it and why?
The following has to be my favorite. Read and you will see why.
“I charge you: Be strong and resolute; do not be terrified or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
There are many portions that mean a lot to me, but this is the one I go to when the “going gets rough.”
I look forward to reading some of your responses. AND, may this be a fun and glorious weekend for you. See you next week. 😉
- fabulous friday | october 26 2012 (styleosophy.com)
- Melanie’s Free Fridays: Parade, Zoo & Trick Or Treats (starpittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Reminder: Philly Photo Day 2012 Is This Friday, October 26 (uwishunu.com)
- Healthy Halloween Hoedown Friday in Stevens Point (wsaw.com)
- Trick Or Treat With Louie (eyeonannapolis.net)
- Photographic Fall Color Tour At Lassen National Forest 10/26/12 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Fall color has shown up better than expected (kansascity.com)
- Fall colors near end of their peak in Grand Rapids (mlive.com)
- Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Fall Color 10/23/12 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Fall colors update (wtvr.com)