Summer is the time to be outside as much as possible. So I am. Outside, that is. It is easier this year to stay out-of-doors than in the past because now we have our place. I LOVE to garden and it has been years since I’ve been able to dig in the dirt and plant and watch things grow or sit on a porch and watch the chipmunks at play. I still have my studies, but when my head is not in the books or I’m not writing a paper, I am outside watering plants, mulching the flowerbed, digging up new garden plots, etc. I imagine that is the way it will be for the rest of the summer. Growing things and watching a yard come to life is my idea of heaven! So out in the yard is where you’ll find me even on the hottest of days.This year the yard may look bare and scraggly, but next year we should see the beginnings of what promises to be lush gardens.
There’s more but these are the photos I have. If you have suggestions of what might look good in the yard for next year, please do tell! I have a big yard and it will take a few years to create a real garden with veggies, flowers, trees, and other wildlife. I plan to make some “proper” birdbaths to place out in the yard next year, something other than old pie tins that I found lying around. I also have ideas for various bird feeders with different food to attract birds of all kinds. And yes, I’ll also put up a squirrel feeder for my furry friends. Do you think that will keep the squirrels out of the bird food?
I’m not around the blogosphere as much these days. On one hand I miss my regular blogging routine. On the other hand, who wants to be inside all day every day when the sun shines, the temperatures are warm and the out-of-doors beckons? Thank you to those of you who check in on Inspired Vision regularly, or just pop in occasionally. Once the cold weather and dreary days return, I’ll jump back into my blogging habits. Until then, enjoy the summer. I know I am.
- Growing things and veggie storage tips (pottedplantsociety.wordpress.com)
- How to Attract Birds to Your Backyard (epicahome.com)
- 21st July 2012 – Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer (myphotoyear2012.wordpress.com)
- Let your backyard go to the birds (utsandiego.com)
- Top 5 Facts to Know about Squirrels and Birdfeeders (wildbirdsunlimited.typepad.com)
- Birdfeeding on a Budget – Make Your Own Nectar (wildbirdsunlimited.typepad.com)
- Squirrel activity down this summer (suntimes.com)
- Repulse Deer…Get Hot! (hotcookingguys.com)
- Plants We’ve Chosen For Our Container Garden (hbb2obm.com)
- Sun dried is good for raisins…. (awinsomejourney.wordpress.com)
- New nemesis: plants. (residentwayfarer.wordpress.com)
- Watching Birds. Sipping on Yorkshire tea. Enjoying some quiet time. Nice. (mylifeisreallyinthegarden.wordpress.com)
- Personalized gifts that can please any gardener (redenvelope.com)
- Hip Hip Horray! New leaves are growing from a neglected plant! (mylifeisreallyinthegarden.wordpress.com)
- Beat the Heat in the Garden (inyourneighbourhood.wordpress.com)
- Sunny days, blue skies .. it’s shaping up to be a lovely summer (mylifeisreallyinthegarden.wordpress.com)