People have been so generous toward my blog lately, and I wish to thank them for their thoughtfulness.
First, Jeanne Webster of Women’s Window honored me with the Candle Lighter award, an award created by Kate Kresse to recognize positive blogs that shine a light in the world. Thank you Jeanne for thinking of this blog in such a positive way. My goal in life is to be an inspiration to others as many have been to me. For you to recognize me for that very thing humbles me, and encouraging as well.
Second, just this morning Doris Nygrin of Truth With Doris awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award! What an honor! I have followed Doris for a while now and enjoy her positive posts AND her phenomenal music videos. Doris is an accomplished musician with a beautiful voice and interesting entertainment history. Thank you Doris, for this honor.
Now, I am charged with telling you seven things about myself. For those of you who have followed this blog, you already know far more than seven things about me, but for those of you who may be new to this blog, I’ll keep it short and sweet!
1. I am a grad student working on a master’s degree in mental health counseling.
2. I am a mother of three incredible adult children, grandmother of two phenomenal grandchildren, with a third on the way, as well as foster-grandchildren that my son and his wife will be welcoming into their home in the very near future!
3. Photography is an avid hobby that I picked up after having abandoned it years ago to raise children and “make ends meet.”
4. I enjoy getting out in nature as much as possible. In fact, I consider that a “need” that must be filled to keep my sanity.
5. I am a twin, fraternal; my brother is an incredible photographer and artist living with his wife in Colorado.
6. I create notecards with my photography. See My Etsy in the menu at the top of this page. The shop is still new and I hope to get better photos depicting the cards . . . working on that step by step. Other things will be added in time (photos and cards!)
7. I also sew and make hats and berets. I may (or may not) add some of my creations to My Etsy. We’ll see. Connected to sewing, I collect thimbles and have an awesome collection. When we get our own home, I will put them on display. I really do have a LOT! and am still collecting. (Hint!)
Now, I should pass these awards on to others. I would love to do that but I have given up trying to choose which blogs are “worthy” of the awards. I simply can’t do it. Since I follow so many positive, uplifting, artistic, informative, creative, insightful and inspiring blogs, I encourage you to check out my blogroll. All deserve to be honored with these awards, so feel free to add the badges to your blogs and pass on to others. Be generous. There is plenty of blog-love to go around many times over. My best to you all.
Jeanne and Doris, thank you again for honoring this blog with such wonderful awards and recognition.
- Lovely Blog Award (asianrose1.wordpress.com)
- I’m A Winner! And I’m Passing It On…. (myoprahlessons.com)
- Candle Lighter Award (understandingthepast.wordpress.com)
- Candle Lighter Award Nominations (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- The One Lovely Blog Award (scriptorwrites.wordpress.com)
- Grateful and Honored – Thank You! (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Thanks Giving for an Award!!! (charismatick.wordpress.com)